Need help compiling using the --enable-vlc option.

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Fri Sep 30 13:11:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 10:35:39AM -0400, Kirk Puppy wrote:
>         So I built with --enable-vlc, but libreoffice still seemed to try and
>    use gstreamer. When I would try and insert video into Impress I would get
>    a gstreamer missing pluggins error on the terminal.
>         So then I tried compiling with --enable-vlc, --disable-gstreamer-1-0,
>    and --disable-gstreamer-0-10. Now when I try to insert video into impress,
>    I don't see any errors about gstreamer. But Impress pops up an error
>    message "The format of the selected file is not supported".  I tried mp4,
>    avi, and mkv. All have the same error message. Is there something else I
>    need for using VLC? Is Gstreamer required?

% grep -ri experimental *
source/vlc/vlcuno.cxx:    // Experimental for now - code is neither elegant nor well tested.
source/vlc/vlcuno.cxx:    if (!xContext.is() || !officecfg::Office::Common::Misc::ExperimentalMode::get(xContext))
source/vlc/vlcuno.cxx:    // Experimental for now - code is neither elegant nor well tested.
source/vlc/vlcuno.cxx:    if (!xContext.is() || !officecfg::Office::Common::Misc::ExperimentalMode::get(xContext))

So I guess you want to enable experimental features?
(in Tools -> Options -> Advanced)

Regards,

Rene