-Og in dbgutil builds

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 03:17:51 UTC 2017

On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> wrote:

> but i'm mostly interested in Norbert's opinion, since the biggest
> benefit of -Og is faster tinderbox/jenkins builds.

I am neutral. Considering that we are doing a clang-plugin build in
the mix, I doubt -Og on the gcc build is going to impact that much
either way the overall bottom line.
If that happen to be a real impact, I can always tweak the jenkins
build using the dedicated distro-config / lode mechanisms.

iow: make the default what make sens for dev. if that has a negative
impact on jenkins, we will sort it out there.

Norbert