tdf#108580: integrate vc_redist.exe into Windows installer

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Wed Dec 13 13:39:48 UTC 2017

Hi Mike,

Am 13.12.2017 um 14:02 schrieb Mike Kaganski:

[snip] how to integrate vc_redist into LO MSI

> This has its drawback: if one wants to use unattended installation
> (without UI; one example is deployment using ActiveDirectory GPO), then
> InstallUISequence is not run, and so VCRedist isn't installed. In this
> case, one should install VCRedist separately. Supposedly this should not
> be huge problem, because this is the case for many existing applications
> that need separate VCRedist deployment in these scenarios.
>
> Please share your opinions. Is this change viable?

I would prefer security updates and some unattended install hassle,
which is already well known from other applications.

Mentioning this "unattended install" problem in the release notes should
be enough to give an admin an idea how to fix the problem.

ATB

Jan-Marek