using libreoffice calc software as a library

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Fri Feb 3 12:52:40 UTC 2017

> I don't need the spreadsheet character - I just want to fill in some input
> values into the input cells, and to read out the results from other cells.

Could you give a more concrete example?

My first thought is that if you don't need any spreadsheet
functionality, why do you even consider Calc? Why not just use
whatever language you know that one can write a
plug-in/extension/whatever it's called to your web server in, and use
a normal expression in that language? What Calc functions were you
planning to use; some that aren't readily available in typical
programming language libraries (like the financial or statistical
ones)?

Also, I am fairly sure, even if it is possible to use Calc as a
"library" (through UNO), that will be way more complicated to set up
than to just writing the code you need directly.

--tml