LibreOffice - Change the mouse cursor icon when hovering the spreadsheet

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 09:42:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Nuno Ferreira <nuno360 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another issue is the fact that GTK3+ does not seem to offer the fat cross
> anymore, only the crosshair....
> https://developer.gnome.org/gdk3/stable/gdk3-Cursors.html. If this is true
> maybe we could use the crosshair when hovering over the grid of the
> spreadsheet? Send a request to GTK team to include a fat cross on their icon
> set?

There is still GDK_CROSS and GDK_CROSSHAIR in the GdkCursorType enum
(on that same gtk3 reference page). Maybe you missed that? I guess you
can't create the cursor with gdk_cursor_new_from_name and have to use
gdk_cursor_new which accepts a GdkCursorType enum.

Anyway gtk3 is only one of the back-ends :)

> Thanks,
> Nuno

Regards, Tomaž