make xcode-ide-integration, good news.

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Jan 4 01:36:19 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 03, 2017 at 07:22:48AM +0100, jan iversen wrote:
> This is not only important for allowing edit but also if we want to use a git
> plugin.

Well, git should be aware of files in git (I hope). ;)

> I will add a find command to gbuild-to-ide to do the above.

If it cant be avoided for some IDE, yeah :/.

In general neither gbuild nor the compiler get explicit file lists and that is
a Good Thing that we should keep. FWIW, an IDE that wants headers explicitly
listed makes me nervous, _especially_ if it knows about git, because git then
should be the reference for the IDE if is not happy with plain include paths.
If that is not the case the need for double/tripe bookkeeping (filesystem vs.
git vs. explicit listing in project solutions) will very likely confuse new
contributors.

Best,

Bjoern