bitmap resources are disconnected from .src/.res now

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue May 2 11:33:54 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-05-02 at 10:50 +0200, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 02:40:26PM +0100, Caolán McNamara <caolanm at re
> dhat.com> wrote:
> > tl;dr: To use a theme png in C++, add #define NAME "path/to/png" to
> > a .hlst and use BitmapEx foo(NAME)
>
> If I understand correctly, this is also means it's harder to get this
> wrong, as you don't have to assign an ID to each & every bitmap,
> where the IDs can accidentally collide, correct?

Yeah, bitmap names are now the id, so no collisions and no need to
extend a .hrc block or dig around for a free slot.

As a follow up I've now done the same for non-translatable strings. So
if there's a string which doesn't need to be translated, then don't put
it in a .src just use the string. I've extracted the previously defined
in .src non-translated strings to various module/inc/strings.hxx so in
general only stuff that needs to be translated is in .src files now