Ios build call a package "curl" (not the exe).

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Mon May 22 16:08:23 UTC 2017

On 22.05.2017 17:30, Jan Iversen wrote:
> I updated my master yesterday, and have build successfully on mac
> (except for a small break pad problem).
>
> But when I build for iOS (tested with “make clean; make -j 1”) I get a
> strange message:
>
> [*PKG*]UIConfig/modules/dbtdata_generated
> [*GPK*]desktop_unopackages_install
> [*PKG*]curl
> /Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/ios/core/solenv/gbuild/Package.mk:81: ***
> *Something depends on package curl which does not exist.*.  Stop.
>

> Does anybody have an idea, why gbuild believes we have a package called
> “curl” ?

because it's used by $(call gb_LinkTarget_use_package,$(1),curl), from
gb_LinkTarget__use_curl.

but the problem is that the package is not defined i.e.
external/curl/ExternalPackage_curl.mk is not read, because CURL is not
in BUILD_TYPE, because of this bit of configure.ac:

elif test $_os = iOS; then
    # Let's see if we need curl, I think not?
    AC_MSG_RESULT([none])
    ENABLE_CURL=

that was added in 2013.

so perhaps meanwhile there are new uses of curl that are not optional
even on iOS? maybe the ENABLE_CURL thing can be removed?