minutes of ESC call ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue May 30 08:20:43 UTC 2017

On 05/21/2017 01:22 PM, Chris Sherlock wrote:
[...]
> some of them I just didn’t notice the message on
> gerrit
[...]

I routinely add comments to already merged Gerrit changes, assuming that
authors and reviewers will see the corresponding mails Gerrit sends out
to them.  If this is generally considered problematic, please let me know.

> In terms of whitespacing causing issues in git archaeology, I thought
> git had options to help with this sort of thing, so if that’s a major
> issue then is there something stopping us from using this?

I don't think it's a major issue, just a minor nuisance (for stuff like
seemingly randomly changing " {" to "\n{").  But even minor nuisances
can pile up, and while git does have clever options to mitigate some of
this, you need to remember to use those options, etc.