Copyright infringement and future of Hunspell

Димитриј Мијоски dmjpp at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 17 18:44:07 UTC 2017

Reverted.
https://github.com/hunspell/hunspell/commit/58dfe79637982c5c49658c57c3b01d4f44c07c19
I guess everybody should be happy now. Life goes on. I won't touch
version 1 code any more.

On 17.11.2017 15:21, Rene Engelhard wrote:

> But not Apache, for example.

Can you explain how is this? LGPL library can be linked dynamically to
any application with "incompatible" license (not sure if that was the
wording).

On 17.11.2017 16:23, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> With LibreOffice being one of the major downstream consumers of
> hunspell, we are concerned about this - so_if_  you're pondering to
> reduce the number of licenses (which at any rate should be agreed on
> amicably between the project maintainers), why not pick the MPL
> instead?
I will see at later stages if LGPLv3/MPLv2 is a good option, for V2.

On 17.11.2017 16:54, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> Why not add hunspell2 (or junspell) as a new work in a new repository
> at that higher level, move src/hunspell2 from hunspell to the new repo
> and copy whatever shared stuff is needed. Restore the old license stuff
> for the classic hunspell repository and work away on the successor in
> the separate repo under the hunspell umbrella.
I will see later.