broken radio/checkboxes in LibreOffice 6.1 (was: Re: UI regressions in "gen" plugin with LibreOffice 6.1)

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Sun Aug 12 06:25:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 12:41:02AM +0300, Maxim Monastirsky wrote:
> The non-native code path inside vcl uses images from the icon theme to
> draw radio/checkboxes. The problem is that not all icon themes have all
> needed images, so e.g. Elementary does not have them but Colibre does.

Eh, ok.

> In practice, all you need is to always have Colibre installed, as it's

:(

> defined as the last fallback.

vcl/source/app/IconThemeSelector.cxx:

/*static*/ const OUStringLiteral IconThemeSelector::FALLBACK_ICON_THEME_ID("tango");
[...]

/*static*/ OUString
IconThemeSelector::GetIconThemeForDesktopEnvironment(const OUString& desktopEnvironment)
{
    OUString r;
#ifdef _WIN32
    r = "colibre";
    (void)desktopEnvironment;
#else
    if ( desktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCase("kde4") ||
         desktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCase("kde5") ) {
        r = "breeze";
    } else
    if ( desktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCase("macosx") ) {
#if MPL_HAVE_SUBSET
        r = "tango";
#else
        r = "breeze";
#endif
    } else
    if ( desktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCase("gnome") ||
         desktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCase("mate") ||
         desktopEnvironment.equalsIgnoreAsciiCase("unity") ) {
        r = "elementary";
    } else
    {
        r = FALLBACK_ICON_THEME_ID;
    }
#endif

    return r;
}

Or does it use an other fallback=

> Hope that will solve the problem.

It does...

But my packages (because of the above) already do

Package: libreoffice-common
Architecture: all
Depends: libreoffice-style-tango, ure, ${numbertext-data-recommends}, ${misc:Depends}
Suggests: libreoffice-style,
[...]

So I really need to add a hard colibre Depends here, too? :(

Regards,

Rene