License information for extensions on LO's extension site

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 09:18:59 UTC 2018

On 30/08/18 20:08, Andreas Mantke wrote:
> Am 30.08.2018 um 19:02 schrieb Stephan Bergmann:
>> On 30/08/18 18:43, Andreas Mantke wrote:
>>> In my view it is necessary, that a LibreOffice extension that is
>>> published on a TDF resource, has a clear license statement and presents
>>> this license statement to the user during the installation process.
>>
>> Why should presenting the license during installation be necessary?
>> Installing LO itself, for example, doesn't do that, either.
>
> if you want to make an agreement with the user about the license, you
> have to present the license during the installing process and ask for
> accepting it.
>
> Otherwise there is no agreement on the license.

With all due respect to your work on the TDF extensions site, and with
whatever IANAL caveat, but I don't see this change (requiring extensions
hosted on the TDF extensions site to ask for license acceptance during
installation) as neither necessary nor helpful.

Maybe the board (as the entity responsible for running that extensions
site, IIUC; now on CC) has an opinion here?