[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: Fix CustomTarget_postprocess/check_dynamic_objects for --enable-qt5

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Wed Feb 7 13:42:29 UTC 2018

Am 07.02.2018 um 14:21 schrieb Stephan Bergmann:
> On 07.02.2018 11:46, Rene Engelhard wrote:

>>> Any thoughts on the above?  It might e.g. by undesirable for distros
>>> that do
>>> --enable-qt5 but split libvclplug_qt5lo.so into a Qt5-dependent
>>> package of
>>> its own (and don't want the base vcl package to depend on Qt5).
>>
>> Yes, I already "complained" about this, jmux had a look/wanted to have
>> a look. This is a blocker for me enabling qt5. I am so not making -core
>> depending on qt5.
>
> So whoever will eventually fix that, please remember to revert the
> relevant part of this bf23fe3a4a3eebe3d08fa26341a486b83d80c1c7, too.

There are two commits to fix this:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/47279/
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/47408/

I simply didn't have enough time to test these. They compile and "work
for me". But this eventually breaks embedded font handling and some code
I changed didn't made much sense. There were some reinterpret_cast stuff
to fit those embedded font handling into the normal font handling in
some obscure way, I don't yet grok. Then there is the hb_font handling
on Windows, which - I guess for some resource handling - is places in
the PhysicalFontFace instead of the LogicalFontInstance.

But currently I don't have time to test this with all the stuff (AKA a
Windows and Mac build, embedded font handling).

Probably it would be easier to just move the Qt5 stuff; but then I
wanted to clean this up and move the platform specific code into their
respective VCL modules. I also started writing documentation, about the
way the font handling works / should work.

Fact is I'm currently overwhelmed by non-LO work. If someone else has
some time do the testing I would be happy. I can push this, but don't
have time to fix regressions.

And I would like to mentor some Qt5 GSoC, which I have to replace the
KDE stuff on the ideas page.

And I have rebased patches, if that helps.

Jan-Marek