Let failed Jenkins builds set Verified: -1 in Gerrit?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 23 17:57:08 UTC 2018

Hi *,

On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 4:22 PM, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 04:08:24PM +0100, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
>> > I think this was a decision from Norbert, probably because he was worried
>> > about false negatives. A workaround is to watch your inbox (which gets a
>> > mail, whatever is the outcome), rather than the above URL.
>>
>> Except, you never get a mail about Jenkins success/failure if it wasn't you
>> who sent the patch set to Gerrit.
>
> Cloph, do you have a view on this?

Done - now jenkins' message should be sent to ALL (owner, reviewer and
"interested" users (those who starred the change or watch another user
on the changeset)

> Could we have Jenkins set Verified-1
> on the change if the build fails to have a clear separation between "not
> yet verified" and "verified but failed" states, immediately visible from
> the dashboard?

That is not a technical question, but more one of do we want to have
it, given that builds can fail because of various other reasons...

ciao
Christian