JunitTest_toolkit_complex failing on Win 10 with HiDPI

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Jan 5 15:23:43 UTC 2018

On 30.12.2017 09:49, Luke Benes wrote:

> I'm setting the Subsequent test toolkit fail on my Win 10 machine require HiDPI. Any idea if this is a problem with the test or if it's showing a problem with LO's HiDPI support?
>
> Steps to reproduce:
> 1. In win 10, Settings -> Display -> Scale -> 125% (or more)
> 2. Reboot
> 3. $ make JunitTest_toolkit_complex
>
> The test passes at 100%, but for 125%+

> starting class: complex.toolkit.UnitConversion
> connecting ...
> .Window position and size in pixel:
> X:107
> Y:100
> Width:640
> Height:480

that's odd, i only have Windows 7 so i can't reproduce this, the hi-dpi
scaling apparently exits since Windows 8; so i've tried to create a
patch that reads the DPI setting from the registry and just disables the
test if it's not the default, which is now in master.

because reading the registry from Java is apparently an area of active
research [1] i've converted the test to C++ first.

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62289/read-write-to-windows-registry-using-java