Contribution for GSoC2K18

Heiko Tietze tietze.heiko at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 17 15:50:16 UTC 2018

Hello Harsh,

welcome to the LibreOffice community! We will participate again in GSoC'18 and are open for applications [1] from students whether you have own ideas or want to implement elaborated proposals. Ask me about open topics related to UI and UX.
As our source code is quite complex it has been a good selection mechanism that students prove their coding skills first. So please find a couple of non-trivial issues and start hacking, or feel free to browse for the keyword easyhack if you want to try rather trivial issues first. Usually the first hurdle is to setup the environment. We have some pages on the wiki with a lot of useful tips [2]. And help is always just a click away on IRC.

Again, very welcome to LibreOffice,
Heiko (UX mentor)

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetInvolved