Compiler error: Libraries must be registered in Repository.mk

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Jun 22 08:43:51 UTC 2018

On 22/06/18 09:49, Alex Kempshall wrote:
> I've now set up a test bed with Slackware Current (kde5) and have tried
> to compile with the following flags
>
>> --disable-ccache \
>> --disable-gtk3 \
>> --enable-kde5 \
>> --with-parallelism=5 \
>> --without-junit \
>> --without-gssapi \
>> --without-krb5
>
> Almost immediately it fails with
>
>> [info  ALL] currently known libraries are: OGLTrans
>> PresentationMinimizer PresenterScreen abp acc active_native
>> affine_uno_uno analysis animcore avmedia avmediagst basctl basegfx
>> basprov bib binaryurp bootstrap cached1 cairocanvas calc canvasfactory
>> canvastools chartcontroller chartcore chartopengl clew clucene cmdmail
>> collator_data comphelper configmgr cppcanvas cppu cppuhelper ctl cui
>> date dba dbahsql dbase dbaxml dbmm dbp dbpool2 dbtools dbu deployment
>> deploymentgui deploymentmisc desktop_detector desktopbe1 dict_ja
>> dict_zh dlgprov drawinglayer editeng embobj emboleobj emfio epoxy
>> evtatt expwrap file filterconfig firebird_sdbc flash flat for forui
>> fps_office frm fsstorage fwe fwi fwk fwl fwm gcc3_uno gie
>> graphicfilter guesslang helplinker hsqldb hwp hyphen i18nlangtag
>> i18npool i18nsearch i18nutil icg index_data introspection invocadapt
>> invocation io java_uno javaloader javavm jdbc jpipe juh juhx jvmaccess
>> jvmfwk kde5be1 ldapbe2 lng lnth localebe1 localedata_en localedata_es
>> localedata_euro localedata_others log log_uno_uno losessioninstall
>> lwpft mcnttype migrationoo2 migrationoo3 mork mozbootstrap msfilter
>> msforms msword mtfrenderer mysql mysqlc mysqlcppconn namingservice
>> neon numbertext odbc odfflatxml offacc officebean oglcanvas oox opencl
>> package2 passive_native passwordcontainer pcr pdffilter pdfimport
>> pdfium postgresql-sdbc postgresql-sdbc-impl pricing protocolhandler
>> proxyfac purpenvhelper pythonloader pyuno pyuno_wrapper recentfile
>> reflection reg rpt rptui rptxml sal sal_textenc salhelper sax sb sc
>> scd scfilt scn scqahelper scriptframe scui sd sdbc2 sdbt sdd sdfilt
>> sdui sfx simplecanvas slideshow sm smd smoketest sofficeapp solver sot
>> spell spl srtrs1 stocservices storagefd store stringresource
>> subsequenttest svgfilter svgio svl svt svx svxcore sw swd swui syssh
>> t602filter test test-setupvcl testtools_bridgetest
>> testtools_bridgetest-common testtools_constructors testtools_cppobj
>> textconv_dict textconversiondlgs textfd tk tl ucb1 ucbhelper ucpchelp1
>> ucpcmis1 ucpdav1 ucpexpand1 ucpext ucpfile1 ucpftp1 ucpgio1 ucphier1
>> ucpimage ucppkg1 ucptdoc1 unobootstrapprotector unoexceptionprotector
>> unoidl unopkgapp unordf unotest unowinreg unoxml unsafe_uno_uno
>> updatefeed utl uui uuresolver vbaevents vbahelper vbaobj vbaswobj vcl
>> vclbootstrapprotector vclcanvas vclplug_gen vclplug_gtk vclplug_kde5
>> wpftcalc wpftdraw wpftimpress wpftqahelper wpftwriter writer
>> writerfilter writerperfect xmlfa xmlfd xmlreader xmlscript xmlsecurity
>> xo xof xsec_xmlsec xsltdlg xsltfilter xstor
> [...]

vcl/Library_vclplug_kde5.mk depends on vcl/Library_vclplug_qt5.mk, but
--enable-kde5 presumably doesn't set ENABLE_QT5=TRUE, so that dependency
doesn't get built.  A stopgap measure until that's fixed properly would
be to also configure --with-qt5 (which will add a
instdir/program/libvclplug_qt5lo.so that you don't really need, but
which shouldn't hurt, either).