dconf error during make

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Sun Mar 4 17:15:35 UTC 2018

On 03.03.2018 16:17, Aditya Sood wrote:
> I'm Aditya Sood. I've been trying to build the project (for Android) on
> my system, so as to start with the easy hacks, but I've run into this
> problem during the command /make /:

What do you mean with building for Android?  Do you cross-compile for
Android on Ubuntu?

> (I have followed the previous steps of installing dependencies specific
> to the project on my Ubuntu system at:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Linux_Build_Dependencies
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Linux_Build_Dependencies>)
>
> /*/libreoffice/configmgr/source/dconf.cxx:23:10: fatal error:
> 'dconf/dconf.h' file not found/
> /#include <dconf/dconf.h>/
> /         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/
> /1 error generated./
> */libreoffice/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:291: recipe for target
> '*/libreoffice/workdir/CxxObject/configmgr/source/dconf.o' failed
> make[1]: *** [*/libreoffice/workdir/CxxObject/configmgr/source/dconf.o]
> Error 1
> Makefile:280: recipe for target 'build' failed
> make: *** [build] Error 2

In configmgr/Library_configmgr.mk, configmgr/source/dconf.cxx is only
built if ENABLE_DCONF is set.  And in configure.ac, ENABLE_DCONF is only
set if pkg-config finds a suitable dconf:

> if test "$enable_dconf" != no; then
>     PKG_CHECK_MODULES([DCONF], [dconf >= 0.15.2], [], [
>         if test "$enable_dconf" = yes; then
>             AC_MSG_ERROR([dconf not found])
>         else
>             enable_dconf=no
>         fi])
> fi
> AC_MSG_CHECKING([whether to enable dconf])
> if test "$enable_dconf" = no; then
>     DCONF_CFLAGS=
>     DCONF_LIBS=
>     ENABLE_DCONF=
>     AC_MSG_RESULT([no])
> else
>     ENABLE_DCONF=TRUE
>     AC_DEFINE(ENABLE_DCONF)
>     AC_MSG_RESULT([yes])
> fi
> AC_SUBST([DCONF_CFLAGS])
> AC_SUBST([DCONF_LIBS])
> AC_SUBST([ENABLE_DCONF])

What are the values of DCONF_CFLAGS and DCONF_LIBS in your
config_host.mk (generated by autogen.sh in the root of your LO build tree)?

(If all else fails, you should be able to just work around this issue by
configuring --disable-dconf.)