Help in Libreoffice extension development

Pattabhi RK t.pattabhi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:47:55 UTC 2018

Dear Samuel,

We read through Libreoffice documentation. My understanding of the
extension creation is as follows,

We have create UNO component and call our required function in that
component.

To create the UNO component,
First we have create IDL file, from IDL file we have to create URD file.
>From URD file we need to create RDB file.

The newly created RDB file along with types.RDB in libreoffice should be
given to javamaker to create java class file.

Actually we tried using the command line option but we were struck with
javamaker command. We were getting types.rdb file mismatch error.

So then we started with Eclipse.  And tried to install the
starrter-project-extension  given by you. We were able to install your
extension. As we said in the earlier mail, we were struck in UNO type
selection wizard not coming up. And we could not figure out, where to put
the respective files in your code.

We have a better FST based spellchecker for Tamil and we wanted to  come up
with an oxt as a part of our research project.

And I just checked the link given by you. There is no spellchecker or
grammar checker for Tamil given in those links.

Thank you very much for your prompt responses.

regards,
Pattabhi,

Research Scholar,
AU-KBC Research Centre,