API-CHANGE - dropping string properties which use vnd.sun.star.GraphicObject URL

Pusteblumi benbignoise at gmx.de
Thu Oct 11 12:12:50 UTC 2018

Hi,

Miklos Vajna-4 wrote
> The point is that getByName() of that bitmap table now gives you a
> Graphic, not just a URL

I now tested with the new 6.1.2 Release.
I still get an "incorrect property value" error with
      Dim sNewUrl As String
      sNewURL = oBitmaps.getByName( "OOoLilyPond" )
but as soon as I declare sNewUrl as "Object" instead of "String", it works
now. (This was not yet the case in 6.1.1.)

Miklos Vajna-4 wrote
> But as said before, your code should work as-is unchanged for
> compatibility reasons; if it doesn't, it's a bug to be fixed.

Would it be possible to get the "old" code working despite the "wrong"
String type? If not, it would require different macro versions for different
LO releases.

Miklos Vajna-4 wrote
> It's in master and on its way to 6.1.2. Care to open a bugreport if it
> still doesn't work on master?

I'll try my best...  ;-) but it would help me to know what "expected
behaviour" is possible.
(And I'd like to put the same fixes for Draw and Impress on the wishlist.)

A big THANK YOU to everyone involved!

Regards,
Klaus Blum

--