We'd like to continue the production of the 32-bit deb packages

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Wed Aug 14 19:44:29 UTC 2019

On 14/08/2019 19.21, dreamnext at gmail.com wrote:
> Would be possible to download your generated deb files from some
> file-sharing service?

If necessary, I'll probably find a way to upload them somewhere next
week. (I'll be away for the next days.) However, that won't help in the
long run, so I'll think it'd be better if you can get your build setup
working.

> I'm still struggling with compilation issues.
> 1) After the bad experience with Debian 10, I downloaded Debian 9.9 in
> the hope that would make a better compilation choice, but, alas, Debian
> 9 includes a version of gcc already unsupported by LibreOffice, it
> requires at least gcc 7. As far as I could found, upgrading gcc on
> Debian 9 is an ugly chore, so I went back to installing Debian 10...
> 2) But, this time, instead of choosing LXQT, I chose LXDE and used
> LXTerminal. Now it compiled until the make error without a single hang.
> I don't know if LXQT of tis default terminal were the culprits of the
> frequent crashes, or something else, but at least I reached the make
> error on Debian 10.
>
> I paste the error produced in Debian 10. It seems to be still cpunittest
> related.
>
> Would be wise to apply your diff here, or it is not related since I'm
> not running a chroot environment but a VM?

The diff wouldn't help, since the tests that fail for you are unrelated
to the ones I temporarily disabled.

Maybe you want to try setting up an i386 chroot on an amd64 host as
well? That might work better than using a i386 virtual machine (e.g.
with regard to memory limitations) and I guess this should also work
just fine on a host running Escuelas Linux.

The steps I took to set up the chroot for use with schroot were roughly:

Create chroot:

    sudo debootstrap --arch=i386 buster /some/path/to/chroot/buster-i386

Create entry in /etc/schroot/schroot.conf:

    [buster-i386]
    description=Debian buster (stable) 32-bit
    directory=/some/path/to/chroot/buster-i386
    users=<your_username>
    root-users=<your_username>
    personality=linux32

After that, you can change into the chroot using

    schroot -c buster-i386

or (to work as root):

    schroot -c buster-i386 -u root

and then set up the build dependencies, clone LibreOffice and build from
there as usual.