We'd like to continue the production of the 32-bit deb packages

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Aug 21 06:50:49 UTC 2019

On 21/08/2019 00:11, dreamnext at gmail.com wrote:
> If the Red Hat Developer Toolset is the answer, that would mean that the
> OS adequate to produce distro-agnostic deb and rpm packages is Red Hat
> or CentOS?

Yes (matching the "Linux: Runtime: RHEL 7 or CentOS 7" in the "The build
chain and runtime baselines" section of README.md in the root of the LO
core git repo).

[...]
> Butt, with the help of all you guys, we managed to solve the issue for
> our own distribution, although we would have loved to offer 32-bit
> distro-neutral deb packages for anyone else. But, who knows, maybe in
> fact is not worth the effort, given the tiny amount of downloads that
> prompted TDF to shutdown the release of binaries for this architecture.

On Linux, typically each distro produces LO binaries for all the
architectures supported by that distro, so there is likely less demand
anyway for generic binaries offered from a central place (unlike is the
case for e.g. macOS and Windows).  But your attempt is appreciated!