Promote XML Source to become a regular (non-experimental) feature

Kohei Yoshida kohei at libreoffice.org
Thu Aug 29 13:04:19 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I would like to promote Calc's XML Source feature to be a regular
feature, enabled without enabling the experimental features check box.

I'm not totally clear how that feature ended up becoming an experimental
feature.  The reasoning may have been explained to me at one point, but
I can't remember it now.  It may have been because of occasional
crash-inducing memory access issues, in which case it was identified and
now fixed.

If there are any other reasons why that feature should remain an
experimental feature, let me know.  Otherwise, I would like to work on
getting it off the experimental features list.

Best,

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice Calc volunteer hacker