LibreOffice Encryption/Decryption Implementation

Thorsten Behrens thb at libreoffice.org
Thu Dec 5 22:50:53 UTC 2019

Hey Steve,

Steve Martin wrote:
> Is there a official specification on the implementation of encryption and
> decryption in LibreOffice documents (Which algorithms can be used, what
> exactly is the procedure, which coding methods are used, how will the data
> be processed (padding))? Where I can find this sepcification?

There's an updated ODF version currently under review; please check whether:

https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/csprd02/part2-packages/OpenDocument-v1.3-csprd02-part2-packages.html#__RefHeading__752811_826425813

answers a few of your questions. A further place for information are
our ODF implementer notes, that you can find here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ODF_Implementer_Notes

If that leaves any questions unanswered, there's always the code (or
come back here & ask). ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten