Upstreaming LO Firebird patches

Michael Stahl Michael.Stahl at cib.de
Tue Feb 12 13:17:40 UTC 2019

On 11.02.19 12:26, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Your name/email appears as "Author" in a git commit that changes one
> of the "patch" files in external/firebird.
>
> Do you agree that these patches be contributed upstream? Thank you in
> advance for your confirmation. Please keep
> Julien Nabet <serval2412 at yahoo.fr>
> CCed in your answers.

i'm not sure what the point is since AFAIK Firebird is licensed under a
weak-copyleft license (some MPLv1 clone), but anyway:

i'm hereby clarifying that my CIB patches to Firebird are licensed under
whatever license the upstream Firebird project uses and may thus be
contributed upstream.

with regard to my Red Hat patches, my understanding is they were covered
by Red Hat's usual policy of using the same license as the upstream
project in question, so they may also be contributed upstream.

--
Michael Stahl
Senior Software-Entwickler LibreOffice
Michael.Stahl at cib.de
www.cib.de
–––
Sitz: München
Registergericht München, HRB 123286
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Ulrich Brandner