How to get a bitmap of page or shape in a unit test?

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Thu Feb 28 00:31:03 UTC 2019

Hallo Miklos,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 27-Feb-19 um 09:22:
> (Or just do the same using the UI: open the document in question, close
> it, and see the preview metafile in the start center.)

Saving in the UI creates the Thumbnails folder with the preview. But
when I use "save" (that from SdModelTestBase), the resulting file has no
Thumbnails folder at all.

compareWithShapesDump(xDocShRef, "myFirstShapesDump", true /*bCreate*/);
verifies, that the shape is indeed contained in the loaded file. And I
see, that the shape properties "Coordinates" and "Segments" are correct.

The error is not in the model, but in rendering.

Further observations:
I can get a
SdrObjCustomShape* pCustomShapeObj

But
basegfx::B2DPolyPolygon aLineGeometry =
pCustomShapeObj->GetLineGeometry(true /*bBezierAllowed*/);
does not work.

The shape members mXRenderedCustomShape and  mxCustomShapeEngine are
empty. I have tried to generate them by calling
GetSdrObjectFromCustomShape(). It sets
"com.sun.star.drawing.EnhancedCustomShapeEngine" as engine. But in the
given context the servicemanager has it neither in data_.services nor in
data_.namedImplementations.

I will now try to work in svx/qa. I can get an xShape from the file and
now try to get a B2DPolyPolygon via CreateLineGeometry().

Kind regards
Regina