HTML import filter very (too) basic

Jens Tröger jens.troeger at light-speed.de
Wed Jan 9 08:25:26 UTC 2019

Thanks for the responses so far…

> On Jan 9, 2019, at 16:06, Noel Grandin <noelgrandin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Nobody owns it, and you're welcome to file a bug, but there are already a ton of HTML import bugs, our support is really very basic.

Well I’ve noticed in the past that bugs regarding the HTML filter received very little attention, unfortunately. If not the existing import filter, are there efforts to implement alternatives?

> On Jan 9, 2019, at 17:51, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:
>
> In *my* honest opinion, we should just remove such features that work badly and nobody is interested in fixing. It is much worse to pretend to have some feature, but whenever somebody actually tries to use it, they notice that it doesn't work.
>
> --tml

In *my* honest opinion, I do quite need that feature 😉

Unfortunately, while I’m very comfortable with C++ and Linux etc, LO seems like a magnificent beast of code and I am unable to judge whether I’d be useful tackling these issues myself. It would be great to find whoever knows the code to discuss…

Many greetings,
Jens

--
Jens Tröger