Compiler baselines

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 09:33:27 UTC 2019

On 25/11/2018 23:35, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> * So Developer Toolset 7 has been installed on tb75-lilith, tb76-maggie,
> and tb79-poolux, and Jenkins jobs linux_gcc_release_64
> (<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/core/+/5b0b08e49ad344ceb043e0cdd1e45b0aea3f559c%5E!>
> "Better way of enabling Developer Toolset 7 for Jenkins'
> linux_gcc_release_64") and lo_tb_master_linux_dbg
> (<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/core/+/ab8454eb26f72f2d4081d90cb7e60e53e4a5590d%5E!>
> "Enabling Developer Toolset 7 for Jenkins' lo_tb_master_linux_dbg") have
> been adapted.
>
> * This required --disable-werror for linux_gcc_release_64 (see the
> relevant part of
> <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/core/+/d3f2c61e3b9faf577f692ece76cd830f0f74b028%5E!>
> "Make Jenkins linux_gcc_release_64 pick up Developer Toolset 7"), and
> will likely require the same for further GCC-based Jenkins jobs that
> have not yet been updated (see below).

I was able to remove that unhelpful --disable-werror again with
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/core/+/5ae3f1fb1863af109e73f464097bdeda29113d4d%5E%21>
"Re-enable --enable-werror for Jenkins' gerrit_linux_gcc_release job",
after addressing one way or another all the warnings/errors that popped
up during a GCC 7 (and 8.2, too) --enable-optimized build.