Windows 10 process argument limit issue

Austin Stephens astephens at westernstandard.com
Tue Jun 25 22:49:02 UTC 2019

I am trying to build LibreOffice and it does not appear to be working. After a while of building I keep getting the following echoed to the console constantly. Usually in-between build target echos:

> /usr/bin/sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
> /usr/bin/sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
I looked into it using a shell override, the debug make flag, and a script (which I used as the shell, source below)
> #!/bin/sh
> echo "$*" >&2
> sh "$@"
And determined that somehow, when CreateProcess(D:\cygwin64\bin\sh.exe,D:/cygwin64/bin/sh.exe -c "printf \"%s\n\" \"{gigantic list of space separated paths}\" >> D:/cygwin64/tmp/gbuild.cgwaBE ",...) is called, the input "argument" is getting truncated. I am assuming that things are not getting build due to this. Does anyone know how to fix this? I am not proficient with c++ build tools.

Branch: libreoffice-6-2
autogen.lastrun = --without-java --enable-dbgutil --enable-debug
Visual Studio = 2017

--
Sincerely,
Austin Stephens