Implementing interface for importing external data in calc

smooth_vaibhav vaibhavr at iitbhilai.ac.in
Thu Mar 21 05:47:13 UTC 2019

I have been keen about the project idea of implementing the import
functionality of external data in calc. I have some queries regarding it.

1) There are numerous possibilities of external data sources like database,
files. So should the implementation should be independent of external source
of data or is it the case that we first gonna store it in a ScDBdata.

2) Its given that the user can select the range of data to be selected and
imported. Does that imply we provide them with a UI such that they can
choose the number of columns and rows to be imported.

I acknowledge the fact that the Mail list is to be used just for important
purposes but I have some queries to clear for better understanding of the
project idea.

Thanks.

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html