soffice headless on server consumes 100% CPU

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu May 23 13:18:36 UTC 2019

On 23/05/2019 14:22, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:
> So at least the soffice --help documentation is wrong, so is probably
> bean/com/sun/star/comp/beans/LocalOfficeConnection.java, but maybe for Java the
> uno: prefix is still correct?

The --help documentation got broken with
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/core/+/d78f29ab3f40cfaf8c975005fceba93a193b28e5%5E!/>
"tdf#100836 'Starting the LibreOffice Software With Parameters' help
update", changing from "<accept-string>" to "{UNO-URL}".  Technically,
the argument to --accept is the connection-type plus optional
protocol-name (defaulting to "urp") parts of a uno URL as specified by
<https://www.openoffice.org/udk/common/man/spec/uno-url.html>.  There is
no sense in specifying an ObjectName (the fourth part in that uno URL
specification) for --accept, hence the argument to --accept is not a uno
URL.

And bean/com/sun/star/comp/beans/LocalOfficeConnection.java constructs
correct --accept arguments, as far as I can see?