Fwd: [ABANDONED] Remove some excessive log formatting

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 10:33:46 UTC 2019

On 21/11/2019 11:25, Chris Sherlock wrote:
> Just a quick query to the ML - when I’m attempting to troubleshoot
> issues with EMF files, I use SAL_INFO to see what records it is reading.
> It’s already helped me work out some issues, in particular the last one
> was around custom line caps.
>
> How else should we be doing this?

I guess there's no ideal answer.  Obvious options, each with their own
pros and cons, include:

* Throwaway code you add locally while debuging a specific issue and
then throw away again.

* #if'ed out code you enable when debuging an issue in the given area.

* SAL_INFO, as used in the mentioned case.