TextPreRotateAngle vs. TextRotateAngle

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Wed Oct 2 11:16:14 UTC 2019

Hi all, hi Miklos,

Regina Henschel schrieb am 27-Sep-19 um 16:45:
> Hi all,
>
> commit
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=5c4d1b05faa8a3d704fc74a186a173f8cc019cc1
>

> has introduced the TextPreRotateAngle. As far as I understand it, it has
> been introduced to express the rotation, which is applied to the
> TextFrames inside a custom shape and which is independent of the
> rotation applied to the shape itself. But that is exactly the purpose of
> TextRotateAngle. So why a second attribute?

Further investigation shows a deep hidden error with TextPreRotateAngle
(bug 127437 and bug 127439). One of the results is, that the OOXML
attributes vert="vert" and vert="vert270" seem to be correctly handled,
if you roundtrip inside OOXML format, but they will always fail from
OOXML to ODF and will fail, when combined with text box rotation from
attribute "rot". More details are in the document AnalyseError.odt which
is attached to bug 127437.

I think, that it is not possible to correct the error without
implementing a proper changing of text box size and position of OOXML
shapes in the import part.

Kind regards
Regina