build of a specific no desktop version of libreoffice

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Mon Oct 7 16:40:33 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 03, 2019 at 09:24:58AM +0200, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 10:45:27PM +0200, Bruno Patin - wanadoo <bruno.patin at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > I would like to know if there exists a way to build a soffice that would
> > be linked to no desktop-oriented librariesonly to assume processing
> > tasks such as translate to a pdf format such and such odt files or to
> > compute complex formulas directly using the calc capabilities. The goal
> > is to have a server only version on a very limited linux system with no
> > desktop apps.
>
> Did you try --disable-gui?

Thank you for mentioning that again.

Given
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/distro-configs/LibreOfficeOnline.conf?id=b59a67b4e3186660155038906ecb6d6fb11df834
uses it in LibreOfficeOnline.conf, should configure.ac be modified, too?

It currently says:

  --disable-gui           Disable use of X11 or Wayland to reduce
                          dependencies. Not related to the --headless
                          command-line option. Not related to LibreOffice
                          Online functionality. Don't use unless you are
                          certain you need to. Nobody will help you if you
                          insist on trying this and run into problems.

It was supported as of now I'd do
https://people.debian.org/~rene/libreoffice/lo-nogui-package.diff (+ finetuning)
in the Debian packages...

Regards,