About LO and ODBC

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:48:58 UTC 2020

Le 28/04/2020 à 15:02, Julien Nabet a écrit :

Hi Julien,

> Would you be ok to remove and replace deprecated functions from ODBC <
> 3.0 or do you think about some cons?

I would have thought / hoped that by now, no one working with LO over
ODBC is using any ODBC driver stuff that calls purely into the ODBC2 API
(or are they) ?

I would also hope that we do not rely on, rather than optionally
fallback support, ODBC2 or older implementations in any way within our
own code (having said that, some of the Base code goes back more than 20
years, so possible) ?

Otherwise, if it is killing useless deadweight cruft, put it up there on
the wishlist of things to do away with ;-)

Alex