About tdf#138715 and future of Thunderbird address book support

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 10 17:33:14 UTC 2020

Lionel Élie Mamane wrote
> I seem to remember there was some code done to add a native SQlite
> SDBC driver "somewhere" (but not merged), not sure where. Or was that
> only ever discussed and never coded?

Indeed, in master
connectivity/source/drivers contains these dirs:
ado
calc
component
dbase
evoab2
file
firebird
flat
hsqldb
jdbc
macab
mork
mozab
mysqlc
mysql_jdbc
odbc
postgresql
writer

so no sqlite too.

but I also searched a branch containing sqlite with:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/admin/repos/core,branches/q/filter:sqlite
nothing.
Perhaps I used wrong filter.

Now even if there's some code waiting to be merged, it should be relevant to
put it in experimental mode so people may give a try to Sqlite native
connection.
In a second time (same time but still in experimental mode in this case?),
we need also the "plumbering" so TB address book driver uses Sqlite part.
Anyway, it could be the beginning of a solution but in mid future only (6
months/1 year or more), for the present situation, the current TB address
book driver is broken for TB >= 78.

Remark: not sure if it's useful to consider those who'll stay on TB < 78. I
mean we're talking about future LO 7.2.0 (except if we remove this part too
in branch 7.1).

Julien

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html