Building LO from source

Ismet Bahadir ismetbahadir at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 08:06:09 UTC 2020

Hi Muhammet,

Thanks for getting back to me.

> How does it fail?

I don't remember right now since I deleted that virtual machine and
installed Ubuntu Server. But IIRC, it was saying "there were missing
libraries" which I couldn't find and install manually. The "build-deb
libreoffice" command also fails on my Debian-10 virtual machine. It says
"the system requires javahelper" but can't find and install javahelper

> Except from the (accidental?) double paste, I see repeating params like '
*--disable-gstreamer*' at 2 different places. And I would make sure I
really need all the '--without-*' and "--disable-*" params. Some might
impact certain functionalities/features or extensions.

TBH, I don't know what those parameters are and do. Those double pastes
were accidental, yes. Actually those parameters were taken from a web site
(don't remember now). It was arguing to create an autogen.input file and
put these lines in the file but there were no explanations.

Is it best to install with all those parameters? What I need to do is
simple:

1) I'm editing a hard-coded text in libreoffice/svtools/inc/langtab.hrc file
2) I want LO in Turkish language (found a workaround for this, no need to
use Pottle)
3) I want to be able to install an extension in Calc
4) I want to be able to remove some "apps" (prevent users from using them
since they do not need them at all)

All of the above are working under Ubuntu but extension fails under Debian.
Can't find no reason why.

Regards