Building LO from source

rene.engelhard at mailbox.org rene.engelhard at mailbox.org
Mon Jun 15 07:49:10 UTC 2020

Am 15. Juni 2020 07:35:58 MESZ schrieb Ismet Bahadir <ismetbahadir at gmail.com>:
>Hi Rene,
>
>Thanks for the reply. I deleted the Debian and CentOS virtual machine,
>so I cannot re-check. My current system is:
>
>1) test at test-virtual-machine:~/libreoffice$ cat /etc/os-release
>NAME="Ubuntu"
>VERSION="18.04.4 LTS (Bionic Beaver)"
>ID=ubuntu
>ID_LIKE=debian
>PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS"
>VERSION_ID="18.04"
>HOME_URL="https://www.ubuntu.com/"
>SUPPORT_URL="https://help.ubuntu.com/"
>BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/"
>PRIVACY_POLICY_URL="https://www.ubuntu.com/legal/terms-and-policies/privacy-policy"
>VERSION_CODENAME=bionic
>UBUNTU_CODENAME=bionic
>
>I could install dependent packages:
>
>2) test at test-virtual-machine:~/libreoffice$ sudo apt-get build-dep
>libreoffice
>Reading package lists... Done
>Reading package lists... Done
>Building dependency tree
>Reading state information... Done
>The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer
>required:
>   gir1.2-geocodeglib-1.0 libwayland-egl1-mesa ubuntu-web-launchers
>Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
>0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove
>
>3) Then, I had to install fakeroot and qt5-default (autogen failed)
>
>4) But I'm facing this error now:
>
>  configure: error: KF5 headers not found.  Please specify the root of
>your KF5 installation by exporting KF5DIR before running "configure".
>
>Any suggestions to fix this?
>
>Regards

Hi,

Obviously you want to install the kde 5 stuff.

 If You base on a old Ubuntu only shipping kde4 and thus not having the appropriate build-deps...

apt build-dep is not magic it takes the distro source package as a base and install *their* build-dependencies which in your case apparently did not include kde5.

(Or disable it.)

Sorry, that is simple basics.

Regards

Rene