ScriptForge

Rene Engelhard rene at debian.org
Sat Oct 31 08:52:26 UTC 2020

Am 30.10.20 um 14:33 schrieb Jean-Pierre Ledure:
> Hi,
>
> during the coming week, the ScriptForge library (read below) will be
> integrated in the master branch of LO.
>
> It consists in a significant number of new (Basic, Python, text) files
> and a few new directories. With also an impact on a number of .mk files.
>
> The building process has been tested already on my local repo and
> should not cause any inconvenience, ... but, you never know ...

It should support to use a separately packaged ScriptForge (even if it's
only data) by specifying where it is in some config. Since it's a
separate project it should be packaged separately.

That said I noticed a few things:

- which version? There is no release and I hope you won't add some
"random" git snapshot?

- you include some non-free files in DocFiles. e.g.
"GeneralPurposeProgrammingLanguages.zip" which contains the VBA
Specification...

- what is the license?

 - LICENSE contains GPL 3, python/ScriptForgeHelper.py explicitely
states MPL 2.0 or LGPL 3+

   So what is deductible from it right now (and which I need to document
when packaging this either standalone or in LibreOffice itself) is:
"anything is GPL 3 except python/ScriptForgeHelper.py". Correct?

Regards,

Rene