LibreOffice setup wizard

Pablo Rodríguez R. pablo at rodriguez.cloud
Sun Sep 13 22:39:35 UTC 2020

escudo

LibreOffice Team
Setup Wizard

     Congratulations on the 7th version, looks like a completion of a
long work. The digital signature compatibility seems to be working fine
as well as all functionalities. The current mail is to address an issue
that has taken place for years and for what i seen if we don't do any
changes will continue to carry to who know when.

     On the wizards as well as the dictionary when you want to pick
castellan (castellano) it's associated with Spanish, and there for an
error Spanish is geolocated and reference to Spain, in it the oficial
language is Castellan and some others, at least 2 more very frequent. In
South America, we primary speak and write in South American Castellan
(Castellano sudamericano), the origin of the language is a kingdom and
not the country it's from the Reino de Castilla claro está. For the
Sudamenrican Castellan, we use the neutral Venezuelan or the Mexican
neutral, without slang's, it's not mandatory but as experience shows
they use lees own words and it's greatly accepted.

     It would be a nice improvement to change the name of the language
installation as the spellcheck option to the correct terms, also the way
it's manage could be improved greatly if there were a question of
interface language and if is it needed more than one language, that way
it would not be necessary to display the whole list of languages just a
Dropbox in case a checkbox is selected, it could even be download on
request thing.

_I'm attaching a screenshot of a dictionary were you can clearly read
what I'm trying to explain, notice that the academy is from Spain but
the language is Castellan._

Best Reggards
Pablo Rodríguez R.

La información contenida en esta transmisión es confidencial y no puede
ser usada o difundida por personas distintas a su(s) destinatario(s). El
uso no autorizado de la información contenida en esta transmisión puede
ser sancionado criminalmente de conformidad con la ley chilena. Si ha
recibido esta transmisión por error por favor destrúyala y notifique al
remitente.