ESC meeting minutes: 2020-09-10

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Mon Sep 14 13:51:47 UTC 2020

Am 14.09.20 um 13:55 schrieb Jan-Marek Glogowski:
> I have no idea yet, why this happens. All I currently know is, that
> appealingly a revert of the patch fixes this and the only general change
> I introduced in it, was the OVERWRITING_SETTINGS stuff, which interferes
> between the host and build configuration runs. Nothing else in this
> change looks suspicious. I still might be totally wrong, as I don't
> know, what this might trigger to break in this way, or why.

Somehow I was missing the JAVA_HOME check in Makefile.in. But generally
I found the JAVA_HOME setting for cross-build to contain some wrong
value on Android, which the following patch fixes:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/102676

This way "grep JAVA_HOME config_*.mk" makes much more sense for my
Android build.

config_build.mk:export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64
config_build.mk:export
JAVA_HOME_FOR_BUILD=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64
config_host.mk:export JAVA_HOME=
config_host.mk:export JAVA_HOME_FOR_BUILD=/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64

Jan-Marek