Connect to lo with lo.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 14:37:03 UTC 2021

I'm working on a set of tools to share files, to chat , to backup, and
to work on documents in a network environment. The SSH protocol is
used for the secure connection.
Working on documents in a network environment works like (in my idea):
- workstations/clients have a frontend, which have a "window" to the
document, which stays on the server.  The server gives the client the
required part of the document the client can read and possibly edit.
- what someone from a host can do is arranged in ACL's
- it's possible to edit a document with more than one user. Users can
contact each other.

Now to make this work a backend and a frontend is required.
Libreoffice can work as backend, but I want to know it can also work
as frontend using the socket.
You say that is not possible yet, but is it a lot of work to make lo
use a socket?

Stef

I hope you understand my question a bit more.