Vector screenshots for the manuals: better quality and more visually attractive

Samuel Thibault sthibault at hypra.fr
Tue Jun 1 10:51:50 UTC 2021

Hello,

Thorsten Behrens, le mar. 01 juin 2021 11:50:11 +0200, a ecrit:
> Hossein Noorikhah wrote:
> > I have temporarily disabled these assertions and aborts, and by
> > further disabling the autosave, everything was fine, and I could
> > take vector screenshots.
> >
> That's pretty cool, thx for figuring that out! :)
>
> > The tiny patch is attached.
> >
> You're triggering rather serious bugs, they're I guess worth fixing
> at the root of the issue.

For information, this vector screenshot tool works by getting some
plugin loaded into all gtk applications of the desktop.  The screenshot
tool connects to the plugin loaded in the target application, and makes
it call vectorized gtk rendering, and put it into a pdf file.

Said another way, it is quite hackish since it makes the application
perform its graphical rendering in an uncommon way.  I am thus not very
surprised that it breaks in some corners.  But perhaps this reveals some
root issue in the way LibreOffice uses gtk, yes.

Samuel