License statement as a prerequisite for gerrit account

Michael Warner michael.warner.ut at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 22:47:23 UTC 2021

Every license statement I see on this list follows the provided
template, so regex matching that should be trivial. Matching the email
address to accounts in gerrit or bugzilla would probably work for some
large percentage of cases, but you could reasonably expect there to be
some cases where someone registered for a gerrit account with one email
address, and sent their license statement to the mailing list from
another one.

Personally, I would think the most efficient thing would be to just have
it be a checkbox on the account registration screen. Similar to the "I
agree to the terms and conditions" statement that everyone just
acknowledges without reading on any other website.