Windows build gets stuck, if parallelism greater than 1

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Sat Nov 20 17:44:36 UTC 2021

On 20.11.2021 12.03, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
> My mentee is having an issue, where plain make gets stuck in
>
> [build ECH] CustomTarget/instsetoo_native/setup/version.ini
>
> or
>
> [build MOD] instsetoo_native
>
> if parallelism is 2 or more. Default would be "-j 8" on his machine. He
> has 16GB RAM available. Windows is on bare metal. Any tips for
> troubleshooting?
>
> I am including verbose make output at the end.

It turns out parallel building at full steam works fine on C: drive, so
the problem was having Cygwin in E: drive! The LODE instructions do say
"Please do not use other drives (especially not network drives)", but I
don't remember ever hearing of this concrete problem. Maybe we should
write it down?

Ilmari