Footnote in a frame

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbfaure at libreoffice.org
Mon Sep 6 16:42:30 UTC 2021

Hi Miklos,

Le 06/09/2021 à 08:37, Miklos Vajna a écrit :
> Hi JBF,
>
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2021 at 10:17:03PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Faure <jbfaure at libreoffice.org> wrote:
>> Is there a reason why it is not possible to insert a footnote in a frame ?
>> When the cursor is in the frame, submenu of Insert > Footnote and Endnote is grayed out.
>
> My guess would be that sw/source/core/layout/ code doesn't handle
> footnote anchors in Writer frames, so the UI is disabled to avoid
> exposing broken behavior.

Thank you for your answer.
If sw/source/core/layout/ code doesn't handle footnote anchors in Writer frames, is it
because nobody wrote the code or because there is some impossibility to do that ?

For example, using Zotero to insert a bibliography citation as footnote in a frame, Zotero
warns that this citation will be managed as if it was an endnote. So it seems there is
some specific difficulty to manage footnote anchors in a Writer frame.

Best regards.
JBF