tb87 failing with "error: undefined reference to 'icu_50::RuleBasedCollator::cloneBinary(unsigned char*, int, UErrorCode&)'"

Christian Lohmaier cloph at documentfoundation.org
Thu Sep 9 09:39:20 UTC 2021

Hi Stephan, *,

Am 09.09.21 um 09:26 schrieb Stephan Bergmann:
> On 9/2/21 8:25 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> I don't not what started to cause it, but many
>> gerrit_linux_clang_dbgutil builds on tb87 started to fail with
>>
>>> /home/tdf/lode/jenkins/workspace/lo_gerrit/Config/linux_clang_dbgutil_64/i18npool/source/collator/gencoll_rule.cxx:124:
>>> error: undefined reference to
>>> 'icu_50::RuleBasedCollator::cloneBinary(unsigned char*, int,
>>> UErrorCode&)'
>>> […]
>>
>> I'm not sure whether this is due to some recent commit that does not
>> work with certain configurations, or whether it is a genuine
>> misconfiguartion of tb87 (I assume the former, though), but I took
>> tb87 offline for now to avoid further failing builds.
>>
>> If anybody has a fix for this, please re-enable
>> <https://ci.libreoffice.org/computer/tb87/> afterwards.
>
> This has apparently been fixed, and the bot been re-enabled, by somebody
> in the meantime.

Don't think so, the bot is up, but the clang-configuration is disabled
(I changed the label to "linux_clang_dbgutil_64_disable") - so the box
only builds the gcc ones and android builds.
I didn't get around to check why only that box is affected, the other
installations also have icu50 dev distro packages installed/dependencies
are all installed using the same salt rules...

ciao
Christian

--
Christian Lohmaier, Release Engineer
Tel: +49 30 5557992-60 | IRC: cloph on Freenode