ESC meeting minutes: 2021-09-09

Luboš Luňák l.lunak at collabora.com
Fri Sep 10 09:27:58 UTC 2021

On Thursday 09 of September 2021, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> * tb86 (m1 mac mini) build failures with Illegal Instruction
>     https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/115675 “Upgrade SSE2 sum to
> AVX512 sum with Neumaier 1"

 That doesn't make sense. M1 Mac Mini should be ARM64, but build logs for tb86
claim it's "x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0". And I have M1 Mac Mini here and those
tests pass fine. I also reviewed that gerrit change and AFAICT the extra CPU
code is properly separated and run only when the support is available. Are
tb86 builds running in some kind of x86_64 virtualization?

--
 Luboš Luňák
 l.lunak at collabora.com