_ssl.cpython-3.8.so does not exist in the tarball

Michael Stahl mst at libreoffice.org
Wed Sep 29 08:41:38 UTC 2021

On 27.09.21 08:52, mcmurchy1917techy wrote:
> Did a pull over the weekend.
>
> Compiled and got this error.
>
>> [build DEP] LNK:Library/libcuilo.so
>> [build DEP] LNK:Library/libcuilo.so
>> [build LNK] Library/libcuilo.so
>> /home/master/master/external/python3/ExternalPackage_python3.mk:46:
>> *** file
>> /home/master/master/workdir/UnpackedTarball/python3/LO_lib/_ssl.cpython-3.8.so
>> does not exist in the tarball.  Stop.
>> make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>> make: *** [Makefile:288: build] Error 2

the problem is that python's configure equivalent is far too magical in
nature and will auto-detect what dependencies it can find and then
enable the corresponding modules.

for some reason the internal python cannot find the OpenSSL library
(either on system or internal, depending on --with-system-openssl) and
thus it did not build the ssl module and the earliest point where we can
detect failure is that the file doesn't exsit when trying to copy it to
instdir.

> My autogen has this flag --enable-python=internal. If I remove the flag
> --enable-python=internal libreoffice compiles successfully.
>
> I'm a bit behind the curve, the last time I compiled was June 12th also
> with  --enable-python=internal, that was successful
>
> What do I need to do to resolve?

try to figure out from the workdir/UnpackedTarball/python3/build.log why
OpenSSL isn't found.

> My system has the python3 3.9.6 package. Have I got myself ahead of the
> curve?

that should be unrelated.