Re: Headless mail merge

Andrew Pitonyak andrew at pitonyak.org
Wed Apr 6 16:19:57 UTC 2022

I had planned on documenting how to do this some years back and AndrewBase.odt, and my only notes say that I should document the new e-mail merge API released in OpenOffice.org version 2.01; that was a long time ago.

I generally do not have reason to use mailmerge, but did you want to send something by email or to print?

Someone posted a question about using mail merge with UNO in Basic here:

https://ask.libreoffice.org/t/syntax-for-using-spreadsheet-as-data-source-in-emailmerge-macro/24831

>From my perspective, the fact that they used the server com.sun.star.text.MailMerge is useful in that it provides a pointer to the service to look at.

Another request for help here:

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=59312

No answer; sadly.

In AndrewMacro.odt, there is an example that merges a bunch of documents from a directory into a single document and it is listed as being related to "mail merge", so I assume that somebody had run a mail merge and this processes created many documents. But again, I have not run a mail merge in many years.